A legislative scorecard, refers to any ranked balanced scorecard used by advocacy groups to rank legislators or candidates for legislative office by their voting record. It can also be used to refer to ranked indexes of introduced or ratified legislation on criteria determined by the advocacy group. Scores are often shown as a percentage, total points, or letter grades.
We built the Legislative Scorecard software to help organizations bring transparency into the legislative process. As a nonpartisan company, we want to help people keep track of and share which legislators are working for or against their interests.
Who We Are
We are Revive, a team of web designers and developers based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 2011, we have found a speciality in creating websites and apps for legislative scorecards across the United States.
Why We Built The Legislative Scorecard
We’ve worked with BillTrack50, on various projects over the years; including on their website and web app redesign and development. We found it to be an impressive legislative tracking tool that also has a legislative scorecard option. Their scorecard allows organizations to score bills going through the legislative process.
You are able to embed the BillTrack50 scorecard into your website without our plugin. However, organizations had been asking for a more custom, mobile-friendly integration that appeared seamless on their websites. So, we decided to partner with them in building this scorecard software and have have seen a huge impact across the country.
Image source and Legislative Scorecard details can be found on BillTrack50’s Legislator Scorecard blog post.
“Having the BillTrack50 software to do the analysis is one thing but being able to disseminate up-to-date results and make them available on a phone increases our influence exponentially.”
Republican Liberty Caucus of Colorado
View our Case Studies
How The Plugin Works
Our plugin connects to BillTrack50, pulls in your scorecard info (bills, scores, comments, and legislators), and displays this on your website. We auto-populate everything, including official legislator headshots, to make this as seamless as possible. Your typical workflow would be:
- You use BillTrack50’s scorecard tool to choose a set of bills and score them. You’d define your own scoring system and use it to score each bill.
- BillTrack50 takes care of totaling your scores for each scorecard, tracks how legislators are voting, and scores them based on your scores for each bill.
- You’d install our plugin, which connects to the BillTrack50 scorecard of your choice and pulls in that data.
- Your scorecard data is then displayed on your website, just like you see in our legislative scorecard demo.
- Whenever you update your BillTrack50 scorecard, our plugin takes care of pulling in that updated data into your website.
for Your Visitors
We’ve tried to make the scorecard intuitive and meaningful for users at a glance. A typical user who wants to take action may:
- Visit your scorecard on your website to follow up with the latest bills and legislator votes.
- Use the Find Your Legislator feature to search for the legislators that represent them.
- Visit those legislator’s pages to find latest voting metrics, your organizations scores, and the legislator’s contact info.
- Contact the legislator to voice their opinion on a bill using the contact information provided on your website’s scorecard.
Questions or Requests
If you have questions about this plugin, want to request new features, or are interested in getting a BillTrack50 account, contact us at email@example.com and we will help you!