A legislative scorecard, is any ranked balanced scorecard used primarily by advocacy groups to rank legislators or candidates for legislative office by their voting record. It can also be used to refer to ranked indexes of introduced or ratified legislation on criteria determined by the advocacy group. Scores are often shown as a percentage, total points, or letter grades and help the public easily understand how legislators are voting.
Our MissionOur mission is to amplify the voice of Americans while bringing transparency to decisions our elected officials are making. So we built our Legislative Scorecard software to help organizations bring transparency into the legislative process while also automating their workflows. We’re able to set up scorecards for both Congressional and State governments. View our slide deck for more info.
Who We AreWe are Revive, a team of web designers and developers based in Denver, Colorado. As a nonpartisan company, we want to help people keep track of and share which legislators are working for or against their interests. Founded in 2011, we have found a speciality in creating websites and apps for legislative scorecards across the United States. We are proud to be BillTrack50 Partners, but are a separate company. Read more about the founders and what we do on our company website.
How It WorksOur software is installed on your website. It is separate from your BillTrack50 account but connects to BillTrack50 to pull in your scorecard info (bills, scores, comments, and legislators), and displays this on your website. We auto-populate everything, including official legislator headshots, to make this as seamless as possible. Your typical workflow would be:
- You use BillTrack50’s scorecard tool to choose a set of bills and score them. Watch how. You’d define your own scoring system and use it to score each bill.
- BillTrack50 takes care of totaling your scores for each scorecard, tracks how legislators are voting, and scores them based on your scores for each bill.
- You’d install our software, which connects to the BillTrack50 scorecard of your choice and pulls in that data.
- Your scorecard data is then displayed on your website, just like you see in our State Scorecard Demo and Congressional Scorecard Demo.
- Whenever you update your BillTrack50 scorecard, legislation changes or votes happen, our plugin takes care of pulling in that updated data into your website.
“Having the BillTrack50 software to do the analysis is one thing but being able to disseminate up-to-date results and make them available on a phone increases our influence exponentially.” Republican Liberty Caucus of Colorado View our Case Studies
Our scorecards have been featured in the news, podcasts, and on Ballotpedia. Find out how you can get an automated scorecard for your website to help start the conversation with your politicians.